Spring is in full bloom, which means that it’s the perfect time to tend to those trees as they begin to bud and flower. Here at Lumber Jack & Jill, we’d be happy to help you to ensure that you…Read More
Lumber Jack & Jill Tree Service is proud to help care for your beautiful plants, shrubbery, and trees at your home. However, many of our happy new plant owners aren’t quite sure what they need to do to keep their plants healthy and thriving for years to come. We are here to help! Here are the top steps you can take to protect your greenery.
- Use fully composted waste — Should you decide to grow your plants with compost, be sure that the compost has fully broken down. If you are unsure about your compost conditions, avoid using it as mulch under any sensitive plants.
- Watch for insects — Insects can do much more damage to plants than we tend to think. Viruses and bacteria enter plants only through openings, which bugs happily provide. This can cause plant diseases to spread if left unchecked.
- Choose the right fertilizer — Too much fertilizer can burn plant roots, while not enough can starve your plants of nutrients. Get a soil test to learn what sort of fertilizer and nutrients your plants need.
- Prune damaged limbs — Getting rid of dying or damaged limbs is essential, and doing it in a timely manner is crucial. Wounded limbs can become infected, even in the winter, and damage the plant in the spring.
- Choose a good location — Some plants thrive better in the sunlight while others grow more easily in shady areas of the yard. Give your plan the appropriate growth conditions.
Contact Lumber Jack & Jill Tree Service today to learn more about what we can do for you. We would be delighted to find the right plants for your home and help you properly care for them. Reach out to us today.